Position Location: Oaks, PA
Position Summary:The Pre-Press Technician is responsible for interpreting the customer's project details provided by the Project Coordinator and preparing that information in the form of a job order for use in production.
Description of job duties and responsibilities:
- Communicates with the (PC) Project Coordinator about individual projects and client needs.
- Verifies materials to be used, layout and graphic design; coordinating with PC internal and external resources.
- May suggest alterations or design changes to the PC as necessary.
- At the earliest point, reviewing client files for potential issues, requesting new files (through PC) or editing files as needed.
- Reviews the electronic files and converts the formats as necessary.
- Utilizes the appropriate prepress software to establish the order, set up the parameters for printing and provide the system with all production instructions and details.
- Responsible for managing or executing design, layout and proofing the copy prior to production.
- Responsible for notifying PC when proofs are complete and are ready to send to clients.
- Responsible for keeping all orders on target with the agreed schedules.
- Assists with printing, binding and assembly duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Ability to work repetitive task.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- PC aptitude.
- Customer service orientation.
- Organizational Skills.
- Two or more years’ experience in a high volume copy or print shop.
- Digital printing workflow and related technologies, Microsoft Office, and Desktop publishing and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
If you meet these requirements and enjoy a fast paced environment and want to join a great team, we encourage you to apply. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.