DSG Careers - Business Development
Where do you fit in?Director Business Development is responsible for directly selling DSG products and services related to a specific solution (EDC, IRT, SmartSupplies, TrialConsent, Patient Engagement, Neuroscience) in the assigned territory and accounts, collaborating with a portfolio of leads and sales development colleagues in sales activities, in order to grow the business across the specific solution, to contribute to the company sales growth objectives.
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the achievement of the solution sales goals for the assigned territory and accounts set at the start of each financial year (commencing 1st April).
- Contribute to an annual territory and account sales plan, in collaboration with colleague Portfolio Leads, aligned to the business objectives and execute that plan, to achieve the annual sales targets, providing monthly updates on progress to the Vice President - Business Development.
- Forecast own predicted quarterly and annual sales achievement in the monthly report on the account and territory strategic plan.
- Responsible for entry and maintenance of required data in SalesForce related to sales activities, pipeline and contracts.
- Work with Portfolio Leads to define strategy to achieve the solution sales targets.
- Utilizes strategies and implements tactics to persuade prospective sponsors to contract with DSG across identified solution.
- Coordinate with Portfolio Lead and Sales Development to prospect for new sales opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Support Portfolio Leads to produce responses to RFP and RFI, and help prepare, organize and deliver sponsor presentations.
- Represents DSG at industry-related conferences and trade shows.
You’ll need to bring:
- Minimum of two years of success in a business to business sales role, in a life sciences related sector, with experience of selling complex technical project solutions.
- Proven success in the leadership of proposals and bid defence processes and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present customer proposals confidently.
- Capacity to produce a territory/ account plan and execute the plan to achieve the annual sales target
- Knowledge of clinical supplies processes (inventory management, forecasting and planning, packaging, labeling, distribution, etc...)
- Ability to build and manage own sales funnel and pipeline to accurately forecast sales achievement.
- Smart planning and organization skills, able to plan and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
- Knowledge in Life Sciences.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical and CRO industries.
- Experience with working in a matrix reporting structure in a global company.
- Can collaboratively work with international colleagues within a global company.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce.com
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits. As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Our long term incentive plan which is unique to the industry.
- The flexibility to work remotely.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
- A competitive retirement and pension plan.
- Generous paid time off.
- Modern and collaborative global office spaces.
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV.