DSG Careers - Executive Director of Business Development
Where do you fit in?This role focuses on growing the business across the entire portfolio and contributing to the company's sales growth objectives. This senior level sales professional will be managing complex sales activity for our Priority accounts, leading a team of Business Development Directors to achieve annual sales targets for the DSG EDC Business group.
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the achievement of the sales goals for the accounts set at the start of each financial year (commencing 1st April).
- Produce an annual strategic account sales plan aligned to the business objectives and execute that plan, to achieve the annual sales targets, providing monthly updates on progress to the Vice President - Business Development.
- Forecast own predicted quarterly and annual sales achievement in the monthly report on the territory strategic plan.
- Take action as lead customer sales contact and coordinate and assist sales specialist colleagues to achieve their sales goals in the assigned territory and account.
- Act as a player coach role in order to meet sales goals.
- In order to achieve the sales goals, meet key quarterly sales activity targets set at the start of the financial year and detailed in the compensation plan.
- Develop account partnership relationships within the assigned territory and accounts with all relevant customer decision makers to grow sales across the portfolio.
- Assist with solutions to lead colleagues to achieve their sales targets within the territory and account base and facilitate introductions to customers.
- Lead and coordinate all colleagues required to produce all customer proposals to meet the customers’ needs and the needs of the business, typically including colleagues from solution Leads, solutions architects, contracts and proposals, scientific consulting, technical solutions, BD operations, and operations.
You’ll need to bring:
- Minimum of eight years of success in a business to business sales role, in a life sciences related sector, with experience of selling complex technical project solutions.
- Proven success in the leadership of proposals and bid defence processes and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present customer proposals confidently.
- Ability to produce a territory/account plan and execute the plan to achieve the annual sales target.
- Knowledge of clinical supplies processes (inventory management, forecasting and planning, packaging, labeling, distribution, etc...)
- Capacity to build and manage own sales funnel and pipeline to accurately forecast sales achievement.
- Smart planning and organization skills, able to plan and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
- Success in Clinical Development related to EDC Sales.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical and CRO industries and demonstrable contact list.
- Experience with working in a matrix reporting structure in a global company.
- Can collaboratively work with international colleagues within a global company.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce.com
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits. As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Competitive commission plan.
- Our long term incentive plan which is unique to the industry.
- The flexibility to work remotely.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
- A competitive retirement and pension plan.
- Generous paid time off.
- Modern and collaborative global office spaces.
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV.