DSG Careers - Senior Director of Business Development
Where do you fit in?
The Senior Director of Business Development will have a proven track record in building productive client relationships in the clinical research, health sciences and technology industries. The post holder will be able to achieve and maintain effective client relationships. Must be able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled clinical and operation personnel; create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building; proactively work with customer and project teams to resolve client concerns by helping to creating specific action plans that support the customer and the project team. Makes sales calls to prospective new clients to initiate new business relationships. Utilizes strategies and implements tactics to persuade prospective sponsors to contract with DSG across all identified solution categories of SmartSignal eCOA, RTSM, eConsent and Telemedicine. Coordinates the efforts for response to Requests for Proposals/Information. Represents DSG at industry-related conferences and trade shows.
As a solutions Lead, this role will act as internal support and subject matter expert (SME) in EDC. Individual will act as resource and support for platform capabilities and product features/value/benefit. This will include training curriculum, support of messaging, supporting demo and client presentations as required and building a knowledge-base across the commercial organization related to DSG.
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Prospecting for new opportunities with existing and prospective customers. Establish and maintain an excellent rapport with future and current clientele.
- Build compelling solutions, technology offerings and operational strategies that address client needs.
- Prepare and organize sponsor presentations. Plan and attend major industrial events and tradeshows.
- Develop account/territory strategies designed to acquire new customers and expand in existing emerging accounts.
- Collect critical information for proposal preparation. Understand the proposal process and provide positive input.
- Negotiate and close/book sales opportunities.
- Monitor and track competitor activities.
- Serve as internal SME for DSG and build an execute training curriculum.
- Support product marketing in building messaging and value statements.
- Act as resource for customer meetings and strategy regarding DSG technology solutions.
- Represent DSG at industry-related conferences and trade shows
You’ll need to bring:
- Minimum of Five years of success in a business to business sales role, in a life sciences related sector, with experience of selling complex technical project solutions.
- Proven success in the leadership of proposals and bid defence processes and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present customer proposals confidently.
- Capacity to produce a territory / account plan and execute the plan to achieve the annual sales target
- Knowledge of clinical supplies processes (inventory management, forecasting and planning, packaging, labeling, distribution, etc...)
- Ability to build and manage own sales funnel and pipeline to accurately forecast sales achievement.
- Powerful planning and organization skills, able to plan and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
- Success in EDC Sales.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical and CRO industries.
- Experience with working in a matrix reporting structure in a global company.
- Can collaboratively work with international colleagues within a global company.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Salesforce.com, (or other CRM systems).
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits. As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Our long term incentive plan which is unique to the industry.
- The flexibility to work remotely.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
- A competitive retirement and pension plan.
- Generous paid time off.
- Modern and collaborative global office spaces.
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV.